InfoReady allows administrators to collect references and recommendations as file uploads that are automatically attached to a completed application packet when the letter writer uploads the document. Read below for tips on how to make the most of this functionality.
Administrators configure a variety of reference letter options, including:
- If letters are required or optional
- Minimum and maximum number of letters allowed
- If letters are confidential or not (i.e., if applicants can view them)
- Deadline to submit (We recommend at least a few days after the application deadline)
- Instructions to applicants
- Instructions to letter writers
- Applicants enter the email address(es) of their letter writer(s) directly on the application.
- Once the application is saved, they can send letter request emails with one click.
- If not pushed out from a draft application, requests are sent automatically once it is submitted.
Letter Writer Experience
- Each recipient gets a direct email with a unique link.
- The “Start Letter” button in the email sends them right to the upload page.
- Letter writers do not need to create accounts or log in.
- If needed, the designated letter writer can forward the email to someone else, such as a department administrator, to submit the letter on behalf of the letter writer.
- Administrators can re-send the link.
- Letter writers cannot see the application and applicants cannot see the reference letters (unless the administrator changes the default setting).
- Letter writers can replace the document they uploaded any time prior to the letter deadline.
Once the opportunity is in process, administrators can monitor them in a variety of ways:
- All tab: High-level overview in donut chart
- Columns: Summary “__ of __ Submitted” and individual letter statuses
- PDF application packets
- Batch Actions: Letters can be pulled out separately or within collated packets.
- Note: Reviewers will also see letters in their version of application packets.
- Excel report
- Letter submission status in “Application & Applicant Details - All Fields” report
- Column for names/email addresses of letter writers and the letter status